WHAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android

+15
Tiran
JudaPriest
mifth
poppamark
rac
George Spiggott
PLX
unlcnown
fernaldi.tan
kashper
bimdindim
gadgetsteamhoof
unite01
DacoTrilar
Admin
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android Empty Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android

Post by Admin Mon 27 Jun - 8:58

hello guys

just to say, the app is in progress... it has been in use the whole week-end (about 12 games on various devices), so tested in real-life condition..

pros : it works. you can create lists, do battles, no crash, data is here (provided it has been filled in the database). The SR2016 is included and the objectives too.
cons :
- the loading from internet is tedious (at best) with a slow connection. it works with a local copy if network is not available, but if available AND slow this is too much pain, so i have to work on a option to choose update or not.
- it still miss a lot of small things (data present but not correctly displayed) : assault icon, reach distance on weapons, warlock feat text, mount weapons and damage, ...
- there is still a lot of missing new entries or rules of assignement (like rocketeers for winter guard riflemen, ...)
- have to rework the partisan models to avoid duplicates
- remove options for contracts and themes, and i still don't know how to handle cephalix yet...

the plan :
- i think i will publish a version with NO internet download and with data files, in the same manner that in mk2 (but with 3 files : spells, capas, models, not one per faction)
- i will priorize the correction of small bugs and data display, so that the app will be workable for a basic usage --> probably this week
- i will later add the internet download, and at the same time the ability to control finely how and when it will be used.  --> probably around the 20th july

Last edited by Admin on Sat 16 Jul - 20:55; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android Empty Re: Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android

Post by DacoTrilar Mon 27 Jun - 17:30

Thanks for the update and for all the hard work. Look forward to trying it out Smile

DacoTrilar

Back to top Go down

Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android Empty Re: Whac MK3 : work in progress for Android

Post by unite01 Mon 27 Jun - 17:39

thanks for the hard work Smile do you need beta tester ? i have a game tomorow Wink

unite01

Back to top Go down

Post by gadgetsteamhoof Mon 27 Jun - 19:20

Awesome, when do you think this'll be ready? Smile

gadgetsteamhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by whaco1 Tue 28 Jun - 10:24

I can only applause you for the work you have done. cheers

whaco1

Back to top Go down

Post by bimdindim Tue 28 Jun - 11:15

Awesome! Finally can make some lists!

bimdindim

Back to top Go down

Post by unite01 Tue 28 Jun - 13:27

so i downloaded the beta app, work good, take a few seconds to download the data files at the loading. but it's missing the rng for melee weapons ?

also for the datafiles, i think some sort of cached version localy that update only when a new version is available could be good ?

unite01

Back to top Go down

Post by DacoTrilar Tue 28 Jun - 13:50

Feats also don't seem to be showing up in the beta version.

DacoTrilar

Back to top Go down

Post by DacoTrilar Tue 28 Jun - 13:53

Bug Report: Adding a second warcaster attachment crashes the app (i.e. add the War Dog and then add Corbeau)

DacoTrilar

Back to top Go down

Post by gadgetsteamhoof Thu 30 Jun - 9:52

Where can I find the app to download? Assuming that the beta has been released Surprised

gadgetsteamhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by whaco1 Mon 4 Jul - 8:44

How do we handle/track bug reports and functionality request?
And where would they be listed so that all can see to avoid duplicates?

whaco1

Back to top Go down

Post by kashper Fri 8 Jul - 7:48

great job - trying to get on testing!

kashper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jul - 20:54

here, at last i have been working on the app and
- it works
- the ability to download directly from internet and configure the settings (especially in order to prevent data-cost on phones) is ok

there is no more any need to manually copy/paste files.

the APK is now downloadable here :

WHAC APK

note that the APK is not yet available on the playstore, so you have to download and install manually. This is a first version so i will wait until some users can test it and tell if it works correctly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whaco1 Sun 17 Jul - 8:34

hi pal,

cool thing. still the same question though:
How do we handle/track bug reports, functionality request and general comments?
And where would they be listed so that all can see to avoid duplicates?

only thing I have seen so far is that the font size from melee weapons is somewhat bigger than for the ranged weapons. maybe you can match that so it looks uniform?

great work!

whaco1

Back to top Go down

Post by fernaldi.tan Mon 18 Jul - 12:00

Still can't click on the damage table

fernaldi.tan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 18 Jul - 12:34

fernaldi.tan wrote:Still can't click on the damage table

i don't see what you are talking about? damage tracking is done when clicking on the model line "damage track" on the right of the line in battle mode, not when viewing the card.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bimdindim Mon 18 Jul - 13:30

Thx! It's great using WHAC again!

Seems to work fine, just tried it.

bimdindim

Back to top Go down

Post by fernaldi.tan Tue 19 Jul - 0:39

Oh yeah, sorry jist find that out
Just wanna add things, u forgot to input bane thralls in cryx's unit

fernaldi.tan

Back to top Go down

Post by unlcnown Wed 20 Jul - 8:41

fernaldi.tan Bane Thrall are now call Bane Warrior

unlcnown

Back to top Go down

Post by fernaldi.tan Wed 20 Jul - 8:47

Oh ok, thx man for the info *thumbs up

fernaldi.tan

Back to top Go down

Post by PLX Wed 20 Jul - 13:14

Great job !!
As someone said how do we track the bug reports? For exemple : the winter guard rocketeer is not attachable to the Rifle Corps even if the card say so.
And Reinholt cost is 1PC even if in the editor it's written 4PC as it should be now. And Kell Bailoch is 2PC instead of 5 which is weird because I had the beta app and the cost was ok, it's just that I uploaded the app that was put on line the 16th july and now it's not the good cost anymore. Anyone get a clue on that?
Anyway, thanks again for this awesome job.

PLX

Back to top Go down

Post by whaco1 Wed 20 Jul - 15:16

PLX wrote:Great job !!
As someone said how do we track the bug reports? For exemple : the winter guard rocketeer is not attachable to the Rifle Corps even if the card say so.
And Reinholt cost is 1PC even if in the editor it's written 4PC as it should be now. And Kell Bailoch is 2PC instead of 5 which is weird because I had the beta app and the cost was ok, it's just that I uploaded the app that was put on line the 16th july and now it's not the good cost anymore. Anyone get a clue on that?
Anyway, thanks again for this awesome job.

I cannot reproduce your point cost problem. when I build an army the models display and costs what is written: reinholdt 4pts and balloch 5pts.

whaco1

Back to top Go down

Post by PLX Wed 20 Jul - 16:04

Damn, it's weird. It's the second time I uninstall the app and reinstall it and I still have the same problem. I didn't have that with the beta version. I really have no clue of this problem, I checked the WHAC folder on my phone, to see if there were no "old" files but I deleted every old files so  I don't know. What is really strange is that globally the rest of the data seems updated but for some solos (Reinholt, Kell, Gobber tinker, ..) I don't have the good cost. I don't know, I will uninstall again, turn off and on my phone and try again.
Thanks

EDIT: ok, it's working, I uninstall the app, deleted all the remaining folders manually and I restarted my phone and it's working, the costs are the good ones now!

EDIT2: ok, I found the problem, it's when I download the data in french it makes the app showing wrong cost but putting the good one in the building army list. I realized that because I asked, after having installed the app in english, to download the data in french and then the costs where not good and the app crashed, after this crash I ask to download the data in english and everything came back to normal.

PLX

Back to top Go down

Post by unite01 Thu 21 Jul - 7:52

works well on my end Smile just noticed that the cyriss is missing it's colossal menu in the available troops and cards, it was there in the 1st 2.0 version

edit: model is actually gone from the online tool too Very Happy

unite01

Back to top Go down

Post by George Spiggott Mon 25 Jul - 11:42

Had this installed for a few days now. Great work. One question. When will the Mercenary contracts be removed and the Cephalyx mk3 theme added?

George Spiggott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next