Would it be possible to add our own pics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by azoxystrobin on Tue 25 Feb - 15:34

All in the title really.
WHAC has generic icons, which are fine, but would it be possible to add user customized icons, and even add photos of a user's models ?
Because that would be absolutely great.

And if the collection manager could remember what is painted, that'd be grand.

azoxystrobin

Messages : 8
Date d'inscription : 2014-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Admin on Tue 25 Feb - 18:14

azoxystrobin wrote:All in the title really.
WHAC has generic icons, which are fine, but would it be possible to add user customized icons, and even add photos of a user's models ?
Because that would be absolutely great.

And if the collection manager could remember what is painted, that'd be grand.

argghhh.. should i understand that the newly designed icons are not good enough?

by the way, i have redesigned those icons to comply with an explicit demand from PP, so i don't believe it would be a very good idea to provide a way for users to re-use the very same icons that were deleted...

and, android is somehow nasty, because there is a special way to handle image resources, depending on screen-quality (resolution)... so i could be very buggy to use imported icons, who could prove very ugly (too big, too small, pixelized, not correctly aligned...)

the ability to add photos to model's cards could be a better idea, because, like a forum avatar this is not so bad if not at the exact size & resolution, and there will be no problem if different images are not exactly with same size/resolution/padding, because there will be only one displayed at a time.

Admin
Admin

Messages : 341
Date d'inscription : 2013-09-25

View user profile http://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Ulli on Thu 12 Jun - 8:51

Those icons you've made are nice.
Except only one: Pathfinder
A motorbike in Warmachine/Hordes!? Really!?
It is funny, but it is not fitting in the theme of Warmachine ;-)

I've seen you've made some nice extra icons like Chain Weapon (an ability which is not covered via icon from PP). Do you have a list of all those nice extra icons?
Example: I've seen a Chain Weapon icon at the Merc Mangler, but not at Satyxis Raiders or Satyxis Raider Captain.

Ulli

Messages : 25
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Admin on Thu 12 Jun - 8:55

Ulli wrote:Those icons you've made are nice.
Except only one: Pathfinder
A motorbike in Warmachine/Hordes!? Really!?
It is funny, but it is not fitting in the theme of Warmachine ;-)

I've seen you've made some nice extra icons like Chain Weapon (an ability which is not covered via icon from PP). Do you have a list of all those nice extra icons?
Example: I've seen a Chain Weapon icon at the Merc Mangler, but not at Satyxis Raiders or Satyxis Raider Captain.

if you've got a better idea for pathfinder, i would happily use it... it should NOT be too close to PP design, so the "shoe" idea is not eligible...

also, for chain weapons, you have to add the chain="true" attribute to a weapon to get the icon, but there may be a lot of models who have chain weapons and not the icon... i should make a full search on files to find them for next version...

Admin
Admin

Messages : 341
Date d'inscription : 2013-09-25

View user profile http://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Ulli on Thu 12 Jun - 9:16

Admin wrote:if you've got a better idea for pathfinder, i would happily use it... it should NOT be too close to PP design, so the "shoe" idea is not eligible...

also, for chain weapons, you have to add the chain="true" attribute to a weapon to get the icon, but there may be a lot of models who have chain weapons and not the icon... i should make a full search on files to find them for next version...


I'm sad, but I don't.

Are there more "hidden" icons like Chain Weapon?

Ulli

Messages : 25
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Danoss on Thu 12 Jun - 12:17

Personally, I don't have a problem with the motorcycle pathfinder icon. I (and I'm sure others) know what it is, plus it is humourous at first glance.

If there is cause for an alternative, may I suggest these: alternative 1, and alternative 2. They're not perfect, but after a quick scout around they're the best I can come up with. These are downloadable in svg format so you can alter them, resize them or whatever is needed to make them suitable for the app. If you don't use them, that's fine, I don't expect you to—just a couple of options that may please you and/or others.

Danoss

Messages : 74
Date d'inscription : 2013-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Admin on Fri 13 Jun - 10:17

Ulli wrote:
I'm sad, but I don't.

Are there more "hidden" icons like Chain Weapon?

actually, chain weapon is the only non official icon..

i'm thinking about the opportunity of adding some more, but i'm not sure if this is necessary / useful.

potential new icons for weapons:
- tresher
- arcing fire
- any sort of chain-attack
- sustained attack
- auto-fire / auto-strafe / strafe / rapid fire / ...

potential new icons for models (based upon occurence numbers of capacity) :
- shield wall
- camouflage
- circular vision
- cull soul or any soul-token related capacity
- flight
- gang
- hunter
- iron sentinel
- parry

Admin
Admin

Messages : 341
Date d'inscription : 2013-09-25

View user profile http://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Would it be possible to add our own pics?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum