WHAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feature Request: Improving damage removal

3 posters

Go down

Feature Request: Improving damage removal Empty Feature Request: Improving damage removal

Post by baffman Wed 8 Jan - 1:02

I played my first game using the app today and I had some difficulty with removing damage from some models. On my HTC One, which has a pretty big screen in terms of smart phones, the damage boxes are very tiny on warbeasts and models with multiple boxes. This makes it extremely difficult to remove damage from a model.

I see two potential ways of making this easier for phone users:

1. Make the boxes themselves bigger. The damage grid is only occupying about half of the screen so this could probably be made bigger.

2. Add negative values to the damage dial. This would allow the user to both subtract and add damage using just the dial.

baffman

Back to top Go down

Feature Request: Improving damage removal Empty Re: Feature Request: Improving damage removal

Post by Danoss Wed 8 Jan - 3:47

The other solution I see to the issue that also helps in other areas would be to add a dial to choose the location. This way you don't have to select the location when allocating damage, and you can select the location to remove damage from and then spin the damage dial to negative damage.

This could work well in units where they have damage boxes. I find that in some units, selecting which individual is to receive damage can be quite challenging as the lines are quite small.

Danoss

Back to top Go down

Feature Request: Improving damage removal Empty Re: Feature Request: Improving damage removal

Post by Admin Wed 8 Jan - 16:05

i see the damage tracking is not yet perfect..

i am mostly testing with an emulator, so i have some difficulties to really test how difficult it is to point and click on various screens.

i will make a change to make the selected model line "bigger" so that clicking on the right box will be easier.

Feature Request: Improving damage removal 2epk4ns

seems OK for you? (test on very small-device : 320*480 resolution)

i am not to fond of the idea of "negative" damages.. and in fact in first versions there was a spinner to select the grunt (and columns for jacks), and i was not sastifying from what test-users told me...

Admin
Admin

https://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by baffman Wed 8 Jan - 16:26

Zooming in on the selected model will probably work. Would it be possible to do a similar zoom on the selected column for a beast/jack?

baffman

Back to top Go down

Post by Danoss Sat 11 Jan - 14:38

Looking better, though I have an issue selecting the model in the first place, even on my Nexus 7 which is what I use most. I might have to see how it goes once you've had a chance to revise.

Danoss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down