WHAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noticed some minor bugs.

3 posters

Go down

Noticed some minor bugs. Empty Noticed some minor bugs.

Post by standardlogin Thu 6 Feb - 15:23

1. In portrait mode, when looking at Warcasters in the card library (not list builder), Only 8 or so are displayed. In landscape mode, all are displayed properly.

2. The clock is *always* shown even if it is disabled in options. It would be nice to not have it take up screen space at all during battle mode (in landscape view).

3. Not a bug, but in portrait mode, in the list builder, you should make the arrows to go to the next screen more obvious or just enable a swipe gesture.  

4. Also not a bug, but it would be *great* when bringing up a card preview in the list builder, that hitting the android back button would close the preview. Currently you must hit the little button directly on the card which is a bit annoying.

Great app all around though.

standardlogin

Back to top Go down

Noticed some minor bugs. Empty Re: Noticed some minor bugs.

Post by Admin Mon 10 Feb - 14:35

standardlogin wrote:1. In portrait mode, when looking at Warcasters in the card library (not list builder), Only 8 or so are displayed. In landscape mode, all are displayed properly.

the bottom space is a placeholder for displaying the card.. obviously there is no point to let this empty space at startup...

standardlogin wrote:
2. The clock is *always* shown even if it is disabled in options. It would be nice to not have it take up screen space at all during battle mode (in landscape view).

this is particularly tedious to handle visibility of various fragments... i should not have created this preference as actually i don't handle it... i note this but i have to set it to low priority.

standardlogin wrote:
3. Not a bug, but in portrait mode, in the list builder, you should make the arrows to go to the next screen more obvious or just enable a swipe gesture.  

the swipe gesture was my first intent, but to my disappointment it is very difficult to swipe correctly with the sort of list used to display models.. believe me i've lost an handfull of hairs on this problem.. i couldn't make it work on "group" items at all, so i did not do it at all, because it would prove totally frustrating, just imagine (swipe on any caster --> work) vs. (swipe on "warcasters" --> does not work)

i will try to handle the arrow size depending on screen size, which is not the case tody.

standardlogin wrote:
4. Also not a bug, but it would be *great* when bringing up a card preview in the list builder, that hitting the android back button would close the preview. Currently you must hit the little button directly on the card which is a bit annoying.

ok, this is done in battle mode, should not be too difficult...

Admin
Admin

https://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by standardlogin Mon 10 Feb - 18:51

"i will try to handle the arrow size depending on screen size, which is not the case today"

Even if you just change the color of the arrow to pure white instead of grey, it will help a lot. It's just a bit hard to see againt the background.

standardlogin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danoss Tue 11 Feb - 12:49

One minor thing I have noticed is that on Warcasters or Warlocks cards, FA:C is shown differently and the "C" is on a line below.

So instead of
FA:C

it appears as

FA:
C

Admin wrote:the swipe gesture was my first intent, but to my disappointment it is very difficult to swipe correctly with the sort of list used to display models.. believe me i've lost an handfull of hairs on this problem.. i couldn't make it work on "group" items at all, so i did not do it at all, because it would prove totally frustrating, just imagine (swipe on any caster --> work) vs. (swipe on "warcasters" --> does not work)

i will try to handle the arrow size depending on screen size, which is not the case tody.

Would it not be possible to leave the arrowed area there and allow a swipe gesture to switch back and forth between the two screens? Essentially it would be swiping in from the edge of the screen like in many apps on Android e.g. Google+

Danoss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Feb - 13:09

standardlogin wrote:
Even if you just change the color of the arrow to pure white instead of grey, it will help a lot. It's just a bit hard to see againt the background.

does not seem too hard..

Danoss wrote:Would it not be possible to leave the arrowed area there and allow a swipe gesture to switch back and forth between the two screens? Essentially it would be swiping in from the edge of the screen like in many apps on Android e.g. Google+

yeah, i can surely do that.. as i test mostly with an emulator (so i "point" with the mouse instead of the finger), i had not even tought to this simple solution.

Admin
Admin

https://whac.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Danoss Tue 11 Feb - 13:13

Admin wrote:yeah, i can surely do that.. as i test mostly with an emulator (so i "point" with the mouse instead of the finger), i had not even tought to this simple solution.

Excellent!

If you would like anyone to test something out on Android hardware, I am more than happy to assist in doing so. Owning both a Nexus phone and tablet make it simple enough to test things out for both formats.

Danoss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down